January 17, 2011

Colors: 1986 Thor Re-Coloring

I received a short job helping the great Steve Oliff with the re color some of the old Thor comics that are getting a reprint from Marvel due to the Thor Movie being released later this year. I flatted several sets pages before they were taken to their final finishes.

Original 1986 printing of Thor:



My Re-coloring (Flats):



A huge thanks to Olyoptics. It was fantastic getting to work on the project and I learned a lot.

Steve Oliff is one of many cool people I met at APE this year including:

Charles Yoakum and his booth mate Alex Sheikman

Shade's Author: Nathan Heigert as well as a host of super cool people that go to Academy of Art University: Lauren Kvalheim, Yamil Medina, Keeley Nolan, Eivind Andvig, Guillermo Mertinez, and Adam Dix

Thank you all for sharing your anthology "Leftovers Lounge" with me. My first Alternative Press Expo was fantastic. Definitely an experience worth repeating in a year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment